At Chatham Comfort Controls, we understand that with temperatures sometimes reaching sub-zero in the harsh Chicago winters, if your furnace is in disrepair, you can not operate. Your home or business needs a reliable furnace to get you through the winter season—and your furnace needs a dedicated South Chicago furnace repair team available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is why we commit ourselves to timely furnace repair for your home or for any commercial building. Our team can perform anything from maintenance and small fixes to full on repairs and replacements. To keep your furnace operating in proper working order, we recommend regularly scheduling maintenance checks and furnace repairs at least once per year. These checks can help you prevent and fix small issues as they occur. Addressing these problems immediately can help prevent larger issues and costly repairs in the future. Make sure you don’t get stuck with a broken furnace in the middle of Winter. Count on Chatham Comfort Controls to be there for you, your family, or your business to keep your furnace running smoothly all year long.
How Often Should I Have My Furnace Inspected?
We recommend that you have your furnace inspected and maintenance at least once per year. The best time to do this is right at the beginning of the heating season or the start of the colder months, as this allows you to make any necessary furnace repairs ahead of time so that your furnace may be in proper working order for the arriving cold season. With proper care and preventative measures, you can focus more on more important things—like staying warm—instead of a broken furnace in the middle of Winter.
What Does a Furnace Technician Check for?
There are a number of possible issues your furnace may be having that could cause it to run sub-optimally. Remember, just because your furnace is working does not mean that it is working as well as it could be, and it may still be in need of repair. Even small issues such as loose wiring, a cracked heat exchanger, a dirty / damaged fan blower or motor, or leaking ducts could lead to costly repairs in the future, so it is important to catch them early.
Catching these issues early is the first step to increasing the longevity of your furnace and preventing large, costly repairs. However, these large repairs can still occur. If your furnace is making strange noises, running up your electric bill, or just not heating properly, it may be telling you something is wrong.
Signs You May Be In Need of our Furnace Repair Service
- Your furnace is messing with your electricity: A furnace in need of repair may give you electrical issues, such as tripped breakers or the lights flickering when turned on. As a furnace ages, so does its efficacy—and not in the good way. If your furnace is becoming too weak, be it from age or disrepair, it may not be able to provide enough heat at its standard runtime. To combat this slack in production, the furnace may try to compensate by running longer. As a result, you may notice your electric bill increase each month. Furnaces typically last between 15-20 years, and you can check the serial number for your furnace’s age.
- Your furnace is loud: While most HVAC systems make some sort of noise, if it’s producing sounds that are noticeably odd or loud, your furnace may be telling you that it is in need of repairs. Keep an ear out for bangs, pops, rattles, and squeaks that can indicate a loose or broken part. Another potential cause for your furnace becoming too chatty is an overworked furnace blower. These furnace repairs can be fixed if caught early, but may lead to much more costly repairs that risk the system’s longevity if left unchecked.
- Your furnace smells funny: Strange sounds aren’t the only thing that can come out of a furnace in need of repair. If your furnace is producing the odor of rotten eggs or sulfur, it could be a natural gas leak in your furnace. As gas leaks may result in fire damage or catastrophic explosion, it is important to shut off your furnace immediately and call a furnace repair team.
- Your furnace is leaking: If you notice any water surrounding your furnace, again, it is important to shut off your furnace and call a professional. On top of furnace repair costs, a leaky furnace can quickly lead to water damage in your home. Many drops make a flood and it can be difficult to catch up with the snowball effect once it begins.
- Your furnace is blowing cold air: Of course, this is the opposite of what you want! If your furnace is blowing cold air or you find that the rooms in your house are heated unevenly, it is time to call a furnace repair team. Cold air may be a result of several different problems and is a warning sign that your furnace is on its last leg.
- Your family feels ill: Cracks in the heat exchanger can allow carbon monoxide to leak into your home undetected. If you and your family experience frequent headaches, nausea, or a burning feeling in your eyes, air out your house and reach out for repairs. With our 24-hour emergency service, Chatham Comfort Control can help keep you in control.
- Your furnace fails: If your furnace has stopped working, it is a sign that you may be in need of serious repairs. It is important that you stay warm, so call Chatham Comfort Controls as soon as possible.
If you are experiencing these issues or have noticed any other strange behavior from your furnace, call Chatham Comfort Controls right away for a full inspection and furnace repair service. Call now to learn more about our Chicagoland furnace repair services and South Suburbs furnace repair services. We operate twenty four hours a day and seven days a week so can have peace of mind at all times.
Schedule Repair or Service
We provide in-home services on air conditioners, furnaces, and boilers.
Why Choose Us?
Chatham Comfort Controls only hires fully trained and licensed technicians to install and repair virtually any type of heating and air conditioning systems in Chicago's south side.