If you are a business owner in the Chicagoland or South Suburban area, you know how important it is to have a fully functioning HVAC system. Commercial boilers and commercial HVAC systems are very different from residential heating and cooling systems. There is no need to worry; the professionals at Service Now! Chatham Comfort Controls are here to guide you in picking the best commercial boiler for your business.
What is a Commercial Boiler?
Commercial boilers are used in commercial buildings to generate heat. They can vary depending on the fuel they use, with gas being the most common. The heated water or steam will then go through radiators/baseboard units, leading to fan coils where it is needed most. This will keep your office warm during those cold winter months.
Popular Types of Boilers
The two most popular boilers for commercial spaces are hot water and steam. Hot water boilers heat the circulating water to 150-190 degrees while a separate pump circulates it through radiators throughout your building’s interior until they are ready to be used.
A steam boiler heats water until the boiling point is reached. The Steam then travels through the piping system to the radiators. This causes warmth.
Benefits of a Commercial Boiler
Commercial boilers are a vital part of a building’s HVAC system. Commercial buildings rely on them to keep their staff and visitors comfortable while in the workplace.
Benefits of a commercial boiler include:
- Cutting down fuel consumption rates as its combustion does not require a lot of oil and has no carbon emissions involved.
- Durability has few moving components and cast iron sections that can last for up to 30 years.
- Even heat distribution as commercial boilers uses radiation to spread heat throughout a building or room.
- Less maintenance is required, but it is still crucial to have regular inspection services.
- Energy-efficient, causing your bill to be lower.
Boilers have many benefits and efficiently distribute hot, moist air throughout large spaces because they use radiators that spread air evenly.
Commercial Boiler Inspection Services
It is crucial to ensure that your boiler is running as efficiently as possible, preventing any costly repairs in the future. If you are experiencing any problems with your boiler, be sure to contact Service Now! Chatham Comfort Control to help get your boiler up and running again in no time.
It is recommended that you have your commercial boiler inspected at least once per year, preferably at the beginning of the heating season.
The reason for this is that regular inspection can:
- Detect and mitigate minor problems with your boiler that may have prevented it from running efficiently.
- Provide a longer lifespan, ensuring you are getting the most out of your system.
- Cleaning excess soot and buildup out of your system.
- Make sure you take care of all issues before they become worse.
It is essential to watch out for any signs of irregularities causing your boiler to run less efficiently. Repairing any issue will save you a lot of money in the future if they get worse. Just like you need an annual checkup at the doctor’s office, you need an annual checkup for your commercial boiler.
Components of a Commercial Boiler
As mentioned before, commercial boilers have few components. These components include:
- A burner produces the heat necessary to heat the water inside the boiler.
- A heat exchanger transfers heat generated by the burner.
- A combustion chamber converts fuel to heat.
- An exhaust stack transfers exhaust gases from the inside to the outside of the building.
- Controls allow you to set the water temperature, fuel supply mixers, ignition, and more. Safety controls are used to ensure the pressure does not get too high.
Commercial boilers are convenient and need to be installed correctly. Email Service Now! Chatham Comfort Control for all of your boiler needs.
Boiler, Heater, or Furnace?
Heaters and furnaces are necessary to keep people warm in their homes, but they have some differences. The heater’s job is mainly heating the air inside a room whereas the furnace will blow hot air into it for you. Boilers can also provide water or steam through radiators on your building.
To pick a suitable HVAC unit for you, here are some things to consider:
- The energy source you would like to use.
- Furnaces are frequently run on either electricity, oil, or natural gas.
- Boilers can run on all three sources.
- The amount of noise you will be comfortable with, boilers are considered quieter than furnaces and louder than heaters.
When deciding between installing a cooling system or heating unit, you must consider all needs for your commercial space. There is no correct answer here; each option has its pros and cons depending on what kind of building technology best suits those requirements. Contact Service Now! Chatham Comfort Control, where a team of experts is sure to assist you in making the right choice.
24/7 Emergency Commercial Boiler Service
You deserve to be comfortable. Our team will be there for you 24/7 with quality care at an affordable price. We are determined to provide our Chicagoland and South Suburbs communities with the highest quality heating service.
Service Now! Chatham Comfort Control is dedicated to serving you the highest quality of customer service. We are the right choice for all of your boiler inquiries; call us now at the following locations:
Schedule Repair or Service
We provide in-home services on air conditioners, furnaces, and boilers.
Heating That Won't Burn Through Your Life Savings!
Explore Boiler Options
Professional Boiler Installation For A High-Performance System
Why Choose Us?
Chatham Comfort Controls only hires fully trained and licensed technicians to install and repair virtually any type of heating and air conditioning systems in Chicago's south side.