When it comes to your HVAC system, don’t wait until you have major problems before calling a professional. Our boiler repair Greater Grand Crossing and maintenance professionals at Chatham Comfort Controls can help you with anything from an annual inspection and maintenance to full on repairs. At Chatham Comfort Controls, we understand that with the low temperatures of the harsh Chicago winters, if your boiler is in disrepair, your family or your business can not operate. Your home or business needs a reliable boiler to get you through the winter season, and your boiler needs a dedicated South Chicago boiler repair team available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is why we are committed to timely boiler repair for your home or for any commercial building to get you up and running as soon as possible. To keep your boiler operating in proper working order, we recommend regularly scheduling maintenance checks and boiler repairs at least once per year. These checks can help you prevent and fix small issues as they occur. Addressing these problems immediately can prevent larger, more costly issues in the future that may affect the longevity of your boiler. Make sure you don’t get stuck with a broken boiler in the coldest months of the year. Count on Chatham Comfort Controls to be there for you, your family, or your business to keep your boiler system running smoothly all year long.
How Often Should I Have My Boiler Inspected?
Much like a furnace, we recommend that you have your boiler inspected at least once per year at the beginning of the heating season. Regular inspection can detect and mitigate small problems with your boiler that may be preventing it from running at its best. Repairing these issues when they occur can save you money from costly repairs in the future.
How Do I Know If My Boiler Needs To Be Inspected?
If you are noticing your boiler is not running hot enough, cold radiates through your home, there are smoke or soot stains near the appliance, the pilot light flame is yellow or irregular, any odd sounds or smells, or water leaks around or under your boiler, your boiler may be telling you that there is a problem. These are just some of the signs that your boiler is not operating at optimal capacity. This could mean higher energy bills and, if left unchecked, damage to the boiler’s overall lifespan—not to mention, repairs heavy on your wallet.
Signs you May Need a Boiler Repair Service:
- Strange noises: You may notice strange noises coming from your boiler. Clanking, tapping, whistling, banging, or any other unusual sounds are also indicative of a boiler in need of repair. This could be due to loose internal parts knocking together or issues with your pump. Either way, it is important to have your boiler inspected and make any necessary repairs right away, both for the sake of keeping your boiler in optimal condition. These boiler repairs can be fixed if caught early, but can lead to much more costly repairs if left unchecked.
- Your pilot light is misbehaving: If you notice that your pilot light is constantly going out or boasts a yellow/orange flame instead of the proper blue, it can be for several reasons. This is most common on older boilers, as the pilot light ignites a slow stream of gas provided by the main burner. Without the sensor in the pilot light tube, the valve controlling gas flow would continue to build up—an otherwise risky scenario. If you notice that your pilot light is behaving oddly or just not cooperating at all, you may want to reach out as soon as possible.
- Your boiler is leaking: If you notice any water surrounding your boiler, you may have a serious problem on your hands, such as a broken seal or valve. As this can lead to rust and corrosion, it is important to shut it off and call a professional. On top of boiler repair costs, a leaky boiler can quickly lead to water damage in your home.
- Your boiler shows a high pressure: Your boiler is not taking college exams or dealing with crunch time at work, so it should always remain at a steady pressure. A standard range for modern boiler pressure is 1.0 – 1.5 bar. Anything lower than 1 bar will typically not run due to safety devices implemented in the system. However, if a boiler is showing the correct pressure yet continues to exhibit problems, it may be time to schedule your boiler a check-up.
- Your boiler is greedy for gas: If you notice your boiler consuming more gas than usual, it may be a sign that your boiler is not performing efficiently. The older a boiler gets the more difficult it is for the system to keep up with its standard output without working harder. This puts stress on the boiler as a whole. Not only is gas guzzling taxing on your wallet, so may be the costs of repair—or even replacement—if the issue is left unaddressed for too long.
Your boiler is an essential part of your home, and when it comes to repair and maintenance, it is better to be safe and avoid your boiler breaking down completely. You don’t want to be without heat during cold weather. The best way you can prevent that particularly uncomfortable scenario is to keep up with routine maintenance.
So, call the professionals at Chatham Comfort Controls. We can advise you on the best steps to take if you are noticing irregular behavior from your boiler, provide service and maintenance, and fully replace outdated or broken boilers. Call now to learn more about our Chicagoland boiler repair services and South Suburbs boiler repair services. We operate twenty four hours a day and seven days a week so that you can have peace of mind at all times.
Schedule Repair or Service
We provide in-home services on air conditioners, furnaces, and boilers.
Why Choose Us?
Chatham Comfort Controls only hires fully trained and licensed technicians to install and repair virtually any type of heating and air conditioning systems in Chicago's south side.